Phone: +91 3482 253962/63/64 (Off)
Mobile: +91 9434860972
Specialization: Plant Breeding & Genetics
Awarded with 1st class 1st
position in B.Sc. (Ag) from
Recipient of National Award from ICAR,
Area of Interest: Plant Breeding
Major Assignments: 1. Mulberry & Castor Breeding
2. Basic & Commercial silkworm seed Production.
3. Research Institute & Village Linked Extension
Programme on mulberry sericulture
Best ten publications:
analysis of important character association with leaf yield for selection of
castor (Ricinus communis
L.) accessions with higher productivity”. Chakravarty, D., Banerjee, R.,
Ray, B.C., Das, N.K., Ghosh, A. and Bajpai, A.K., (2009). Abs. op-012 pp-170-171. National
Conference on Vanya Silk held on 28th-30th
January, 2009 at Ladoigarh,
2. “Studies on the relationship between leaf lamina yield and yield components of some high leaf yielding castor (Ricinus communis L.) food plants suitable for ericulture”. D. Chakravarty, Monika Chaudhury (nee Mukhopadhyay) & A.K. Bajpai, Abstracts p. 160. VHP/P-008. National Conference on Sericulture innovations before and beyond, 2011.
“Eri silkworm (Samia
Cynthia ricini Boisdual)
germplasm conservation, utilization and future
strategies in Eastern region of
of some Eco-races/strains of Eri silkworm (Samia Cynthia ricini Boisdual) under different seasons in the Gangetic plains of
of some castor genotypes to foliar diseases under Gangetic
6. “Seasonal incidence of jassid, Empoasca flavescens (F.) on various castor genotypes.J.Oilseeds Res.”, M.V.Santa Kumar, P.Mitra, D.Chakravarty, M.Patnaik, N.K.Das, A.K.Saha and A.K.Bajpai Vol.27 (Special issue), J.Oilseeds Res., 2010 p-284-286.,
features of castor genotype RG2824 suiting ericulture
8. “Genetic variability and association of yield traits in RG 2824 - A promising castor (Ricinus communis L.) food plant for eri silkworm”. Monika Chaudhury (nee Mukhopadhyay) D. Chakravarty N.K. Das, A.Ghosh, and A.K. Bajpai. . Abstracts p. 159-160. VHP/P-007.National Conference on Sericulture innovations before and beyond, 2011
9. “Evaluation of some new genotypes for leaf quality in mulberry (Morus L.)” S.P.Chakraborty, T.Sengupta, D.Chakravarty, S.G.Doss, M.K.Ghosh, C.Maji & A.K.Bajpai. Abstracts p. 5. MIM/P-008.National Conference on Sericulture innovations before and beyond, 2011.
10. “Path coefficient analysis on foliage yield of some castor genotypes (Ricinus communis L.)” Monica Choudhuri (nee Mukhopadhyay), D.Chakravarty & B.B.Bindroo. Abstract p. 11 of National Symposium on approaches to maximizing crop productivity, Jan 12 – 14, 2012., Instt. of Ag. Sciences, Kolkata.